Course contents and learning objectives
This is a hands-on Excel course that will help you acquire practical skills useful for your professional career. The course was designed with a limited amount of theoretical notions, and will have a focus on practical “real life” exercices.
The course will cover the following macro topics, and will be tailored in accordance with the level of participants:
- Familiarisation with the Excel interface (various tabs, grid mode, … )
- Inserting and maintaining data within one or more worksheets, formatting rows/columns, tips & tricks on formatting, joining cells, use of filters, search function, data format, search and replace function, sorting, concept of data quality in Excel
- Data analysis: opening unconventional formats (csv, macro enabled workbook), familiarising with the concept of formulas in Excel, main formulas, merging datasets with common variables, best practices for using formulas (coding convention), risks in formulas (data quality extension), conditional formatting, variables and nomenclature, table formatting, manipulating text variables & data extraction, Pivot table, introduction to Power Query.
- Data presentation: KPIs, charts in excel, pivot charts, choice of colours, choice of graphs, formatting, printouts.
- Depending on the level of participants, macros in excel and macro recording could be addressed at the end of the course.
- Language: English
- Time: 18.30 – 20.15
- Dates: 2.3, 9.3, 16.3, 23.3, 30.3, 6.4, 20.4 – The course will take place on Thursdays, starting on March 2nd and ending on April 20th. Please notice that on there will be no class on the week 10-16 April, as it is holiday.
In case of questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org