Course contents and learning objectives
This is a hands-on Excel course that will help you acquire practical skills useful for your professional career. The course was designed with a limited amount of theoretical notions, and will have a focus on practical “real life” exercices.
The course will cover the following macro topics, and will be tailored in accordance with the level of participants:
- Review of basic Excel concepts, best practices for using formulas (coding convention), use of variables, table editing, Pivot table, Pivot Charts, best practice for presenting data
- Data modelling in Excel: introduction to Power Query Editor, connection to different data sources (e.g. databases and online sources), #M language for data modeling, process automation using Power Query (threats and opportunities), introduction to Entity-relationship model, usage of Data Model feature
- Advanced Pivot table: introduction to Power Pivot feature, creation of custom calculated fields in Pivot Table using Data Analysis Expression formulas (DAX) in a data model context
- Introduction to macros, macros recording and usage of VBA in Excel
- Excel Cloud, new features, scripting and integration with Power Automate for scheduled processes
- Depending on the level of participants, specific topics could be addressed at the end of the course.
- Language: English
- Time: 18.30 – 20.15
- Dates: 28.2, 7.3, 14.3, 21.3, 28.3, 4.4, 18.4 – The course will take place on Tuesdays, starting on February 28th and ending on April 18th. Please notice that there will be no class on the week 10-16 April, as it is holiday.
In case of questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org